Marco Panascia (pana-SEE-ah) is an Italian-born bassist, composer and educator living in New York City. Panascia has made a name for himself by being featured in the working bands of several jazz luminaries, such as Kenny Barron, Natalie Cole, Eric Reed, Andy Bey, Peter Bernstein and Dado Moroni, and by regularly appearing in some of the world's top music festivals and venues, such as the Montreux Jazz Festival, the Hollywood Bowl and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Panascia is also known for his tenure with young jazz piano sensation Eldar, which delivered sold-out performances in three continents, and culminated in two celebrated CD releases on the Sony BMG Masterworks label: "Live at the Blue Note", and the Grammy-nominated "re-imagination".
Mentored by L.A. studio legend Carol Kaye, Panascia was the first prize winner of the 1998 Edinburgh International Double Bass competition in Scotland, and his performance credits on acoustic and electric bass include some of the most highly regarded artists on the contemporary jazz scene and beyond, such as Herbie Hancock, Lee Konitz, Joe Lovano, Quincy Jones, Bobby McFerrin, Dave Liebman, Roy Hargrove, Chris Botti, Gary Burton, Peter Bernstein, Seamus Blake, Peter Erskine, Adam Nussbaum, Alvin Queen, Lewis Nash and Tamir Hendelman... more ->
1) Follow Marco Panascia online:
2) Check out Marco's online interview for JazzInk here.
3) Marco's acoustic and electric bass playing is featured on two of Eldar's CDs, on the Sony BMG Masterworks label: "Live at the Blue Note" (2006) and "re-imagination" (2007).
5) FEATURED VIDEOS:
Bass feature video from Dado Moroni's release "Live in Beverly Hills", featuring Marco Panascia and Peter Erskine:
Promo EPK video for Tamir Hendelman's release "Destinations", featuring Marco Panascia and Lewis Nash:
Marco Panascia's TV appearance with Eldar and Todd Strait in Amsterdam, The Netherlands:
Marco Panascia and Dario Deidda Bass Duo, live at Gregory's Jazz Club, Rome, Italy:
6) Recent CD releases featuring Marco Panascia:
- "Existence" by Ayako Shirasaki, featuring Lewis Nash on drums (What's New Records), available here
- "BOLLING: Suites for Flute and Jazz Piano Trio" by the Roselli Quartet (Naxos Classical Records), available here
7) Marco Panascia's full gig schedule in New York City and on the road is available here